Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whip My Hair

When I first saw this video, I was really scared and worried for the girl whipping her hair like that. I don't think it's that healthy, unless you know how to do it properly, but most people I imagine don't go whipping their head around and getting dizzy and fainting or something. But when I saw the video again thinking about how sexism could be portrait on it, and also listening to the lyrics, I thought that is a normal catchy song. Except it does have some sort of undertone that shows some sexual and/or violent themes like whipping it hard and she also mentions the bed. Another thing about the lyrics are that she calls all women to whip their hair and just have fun and not being down. At the end of the day, I think the undertones were created for the more older audience to get more attention and money, but it's still there hiding from teenagers or kids who just want to whip their hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment