Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Classism

Privilege: When I was a kid, most people in my neighborhood  were part of the lower class. And my family were located in the middle class. I felt that I was the only one who noticed this but we were kids so the only thing in our minds was play.

Oppressed: After a change in my class status because of my family's business not producing enough as before, my family became a low mid class. We did have enough money for a proper education, but there was not enough money for other things. And as a 12 year old kid, I started to notice this without my family telling me. It was hard at the beginning, but we pulled through.

Incident of classism: When I was in high school, classism was really noticeable. The people with more money would hang out with their own and so would the lower mid class people. I also noticed that the people with more money were the ones taking the most challenging classes. For me, i did not affected me that much, because the only thing I had to worry was school so I was on the same classes as them.

No comments:

Post a Comment