Thursday, January 20, 2011

Age Diversity


My social sphere is really not formed by all kinds of diversity. I say that I rarely encounter young people that much, specially kids. The place that I spent my life the most for now is college. I do encounter the elder more than the young people when I get home for break though. I like the interactions that I have with the elder, but it’s really hard for me to talk to the youth. I guess I think that I have more important things to do than spend it with younger people.

As a lot of people have said in their posts, we think that the elder slow us down in a world where everything is fast paced and some people think that they young don’t have anything new to say, or that they are not important because they haven’t lived enough. Young adults and middle-age adults are privileged because they can do anything they want, they are old enough to do them unlike younger people, and they have the energy and the capability of doing things that for the elder people is harder to do.

I think that we should consider what the young have to say. Maybe they have a better insight than some adults. And also we should encourage them in all the positive things because they are the future of society. We need to respect our elders because they have helped us built the culture that we live in. One way of doing that is giving them all the possibilities for them to do their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment