Monday, January 10, 2011

Video Teatment


The topic of my digital video project is sexism. I chose it because I am a man and that the real reason why I wanted to take this class was to understand women better.
The story of this video would be to learn about how sexist society is, aka, the city where I live. In the video, I am going to go to a mall or another public place and ask people important questions that reflect their views on sexism and try to make them think about their own prejudices.
I am planning on using my friend’s video camera and because I use windows operating system in my computer, I’m thinking of using the Windows Movie Maker software. I think I’ve used it before in high school but I can learn it fast, and also my friend is good at making videos so he can teach me about it.
The research would mostly be about finding the right questions to ask these people. I am planning to make them educational and also entertaining.
I am going to start creating questions this week and by the weekend I’m going to talk to my friend about choosing a place to film. I am thinking of filming it that same weekend or if necessary, in the beginning of next week. So by next week, we would be able to put the video together.
What I really want other people to get out of this video is that feminism is not about women who are angry at the world and hate men, but about anyone, even guys, that strongly believe in equality and try to teach my little city what that is about.

3 comments:

  1. I'm writing about sexism too and I think it'll be really cool to see what your seeing at the mall or a public place with your video. I think that its definitely still in our society and it'll be good to make people more aware about the issue. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a good idea what you are doing and I think it is hilarious that you took this course to understand women better. I think this class might help but that's about it because you will never actually be a woman. Back to the project, be sure not to get in any legal trouble when recording people. A public place is your right however a place like the mall can be a problem because even though the mall seems to be public. All of them are privately owned which means that if security tells you to stop you better. Believe me... I learned the hard way on a few of my video projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kevin That's true. We tried to stay away from the privately owned places...just out of curiosity, what did the police do to you???

    ReplyDelete